Entrepreneurs As Change Agents - Full lesson
Type: Lesson Plan Duration: 0 minutes Grade Levels: Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10
Entrepreneurs both drive and respond to change. First, the entrepreneur is a change agent - driving waves of incremental or disruptive innovation. Transformational technologies such as social media, internet search, share economy business models and data analytics all began with an entrepreneur. Second, the entrepreneur is someone who can spot and take advantage of the opportunities implicit in societal scale change, wether seen in terms of demographics, changing tastes, regulatory shifts or new technologies.
- Define the term entrepreneur
- Name a number of entrepreneurs
- Identify personal qualities shared by entrepreneurs
- Generate a list of questions to ask an entrepreneur
Summary of Activities:
- Activity #1 – Epic Question: Who are entrepreneurs?
- Activity #2 – Who are entrepreneurs?
- Activity #3 – Interview an Entrepreneur: Questions
- Activity #4 – Exit question: Which personal qualities do you share with the entrepreneurs on the class list?Which personal qualities would you like to develop, and why?
- Off-Campus Challenge: Interview an Entrepreneur (30–60 minutes outside of class time)